The participants endorsed the EU target of 10 million tonnes of recycled plastics used in the EU in 2025. They confirmed their commitment to working together along the plastics value chains, and agreed on five priority topics for future work:
- collection and sorting of plastic waste
- product design for recycling
- recycled plastic content in products
- R&D and investments, including chemical recycling
- monitoring of recycled plastics sold in the EU
Working level meetings were organised immediately afterward to investigate concrete solutions.