The Commission launched a campaign, calling stakeholders to submit voluntary pledges for recycled plastics, under the European Strategy for Plastics, Annex III.
The target is by 2025, to have 10 million tonnes of recycled plastics finding their way into new products in Europe.
The campaign closed on 30th September 2018.
65 voluntary pledges were submitted by companies and industry associations.
More than 50 of the pledgers agreed to publish their names:
- Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG
- APE Europe
- Confederation of Danish Industries (Dansk Industri)
- COOP Italia
- Danish Brewers Association
- EcoSynergy System
- European Recovered Fuel Organisation (ERFO)
- European Manufacturers of EPS (EUMEPS)
- European Federation of Bottled Waters (EFBW)
- Fischer Gmbh
- Hera Spa
- Iberostar Group
- Kaneka Belgium NV
- KENOGARD S.A.
- Klöckner Pentaplast
- Lassila &Tikanoja plc.
- LIPOR (Intermunicipal Waste Management, Porto)
- MACPAC SA
- Mayansi Circular Plastics SL
- Neste Corporation
- Next Generation Recyclingmaschinen GmbH (NGR)
- PET Sheet Europe
- Plastics Recyclers Europe
- Plastix AS
- POLYOLEFIN Circular Economy Platform (PCEP)
- SP Group A/S
- Styrenics Circular Solutions (SCS)
- The Swedish Food Retailers' Federation (Svensk Dagligvaruhande - SvDH)
- Technology industries of Finland
- Tetra Pak
- Thrace Plastics Co SA (Thrace Group)
- UNESDA Soft Drinks Europe
- VH Plastics
- Vosläuer Mineralwasser GmbH
- Werner und Mertz
- ZEME Eco fuels & Alloys Limited
The Commission will publish its assessment of the pledges received in spring 2019.
For any further question, please contact GROW-ENV-RPLASTICS-PLEDGE@ec.europa.eu