The workshop will provide an opportunity to:
- find out more about the studies
- share your experiences of how the postal market is being fundamentally reshaped through digitalisation and e-commerce
Attendees will also be able to exchange views on the most important developments in the letter and parcel markets, the evolving needs of users, the sustainability of the universal service obligation, and the social and environmental impact of the changes in the sector.
Copenhagen Economics will present their interim findings for a study on the main developments in the postal sector between 2013 and 2016.
This study focuses on changes in the postal market, especially:
- the impact of digitalisation in the letter sector
- developments in the universal service
- the impact on employment
WIK-Consult will present the objectives, the methodology and the timetable of the study they are conducting on parcel delivery services with the support of the European Parliament.
The study will examine:
- market developments – in particular the impact of new technologies
- regulatory, social and environmental issues
- user needs – by carrying out comprehensive surveys of what e-retailers and their customers want from cross-border parcel delivery services
There will also be an update on the next steps for the regulation on cross-border parcel delivery services. This follows the political agreement between the European Parliament and the Council in December last year.
All stakeholders with an interest in postal and parcel services are welcome, including:
- postal/parcel operators
- consumer representatives
- trade unions
- other providers or users of postal services