The conference examined why such protection might be necessary, what the scope of possible protection could be and how it might be implemented.
The Public consultation on a possible extension of geographical indication protection of the European Union to non-agricultural products – Making the most out of Europe’s traditional know-how on the possible granting of EU-wide protection to traditional non-agricultural products rooted in the heritage of particular geographical locations took place between July and October 2014.
- Agenda (86 kB)
- Summary of results by the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (PPT, 2 MB)
The presented results are preliminary. A detailed report will be published in the future.
- Association Pierre de Bourgogne: speech (PDF, 345 kB) and visual panel (PDF, 537 kB)
- The situation in Sweden (PDF, 126 kB)
- Savile Row Bespoke (PDF, 450 kB)
- Presentation of the Lisbon system (PDF, 67 kB)
- Scope of protection by the Czech Industrial Property Office (PDF, 599 kB)
- A producer's perspective: Harris Tweed (PDF, 511 kB)
- How to ensure effectiveness and efficiency by M. Vittori (PDF, 1 MB)
- How to ensure effectiveness and efficiency by S. Gehrke, German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection (PDF, 329 kB)
- Presentation by Valerie Rozière, European Parliament (JURI Committee) (PDF, 162 kB)
- Presentation by Kathleen Walker Shaw, European Economic and Social Commitee (PDF, 209 kB)
- Presentation by M. Coppola for the Committee of the Regions (PDF, 313 kB)