Do you have fresh ideas on how European industry can contribute to a better society and environment? Are you interested in an opportunity to influence policy, liaise with high-level speakers, pitch to stakeholders and meet fellow young innovators to share your ideas in an interactive environment? Are you aged between 21 and 30?
Then this exclusive opportunity at EU Industry Days could be for you!
What is it?
The European Commission is now accepting applications for its first Young Leaders of Industry Forum that will take place under the annual 'EU Industry Days' event, on 5-6 February 2019 in Brussels.
The Young Leaders of Industry Forum aims to attract young people and talents to industrial careers and engage them in discussion on the future of EU industry.
As the decision makers and young leaders of tomorrow’s industry, Europe is counting on you!
The Young Leaders of Industry Forum will be comprised of 2 main parts:
- Day 1: An interactive forum relating to the a variety of key themes for the future of European industry (globalisation, sustainability, digitalisation and innovation), where you will have the opportunity to engage in discussions with fellow participants and high-profile industry leaders.
- Day 2: An innovation hack, where you will be split into teams to deliberate what should be the main missions of European industry today in relation to the economy, society and local communities. All teams will then have the opportunity to present their conclusions to the main Industry Day participants.
What do we offer?
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- The unique opportunity to have your questions answered by an inspirational speaker
- The chance to present your ideas to participants of the main EU Industry Days event
- Networking with renowned professionals from industry
- Valuable new experiences, knowledge and abilities that will be useful for your future entrepreneurial accomplishments
What are we looking for?
Up to 30 participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Relevant background knowledge and achievements in industry, research, communication, business, sustainable economy, innovation, leadership etc., including excellent students and researchers with industry/business related profiles
- EU citizen aged from 21 to 30 years old
- Fluent in English (the working language of the forum will be English)
- Clear motivation and eagerness to contribute innovative ideas to the thematic discussions
- Good presentational skills
How to apply
- Fill in the online application form
- Submit a short video (maximum 2 minutes) answering the following question (in English):
- How can the future of industry contribute to a better society and environment?
The deadline for applications has been extended until midnight on Sunday 9 December 2018.
Once all applications have been reviewed, participants will be informed of our selections shortly afterwards.