This document analyses the legal consequences of the United Kingdom's withdrawal on the type-approval of:
- motor vehicles and their trailers
- systems, components and separate technical units intended for motor vehicles
See a separate notice for more information on legal consequences of UK's withdrawal on the type-approval of:
- agricultural and forestry vehicles
- 2- or 3-wheeled vehicles and quadricycles
- non-road mobile machinery
For more information about the Brexit negotiations, see the website of the European Commission's Task Force for Article 50 negotiations with the UK.
See more information on the European Commission's policy for the automotive industry.