The Transformative Action Award is given to a city, region or civil society organisation, which implements the 15 pathways outlined in the Basque Declaration to bring about the socio-cultural, socio-economic, and technological transformation of their community.
The actions taken are local or regional contributions to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Rewards for the Winner
- €10.000 to kickstart a Transformative Action in your city, region or municipality
- Showcase on the Sustainable Cities Platform
- Promotion through ICLEI website, ICLEI in Europe e-newsletter and social media channels
- Publicity in publications related to sustainable development
- A trophy and the right to be called ‘Transformative Action of the year 2019’
- Digital ‘Transformative Action of the year 2019’ icon for use on websites, Social Media accounts and in email signatures
- Free entry and a presentation at the next European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns taking place in Mannheim (Germany) in 2020