Futurium Platform and Communities Privacy Statement
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Table of Contents
- Why do we process your data?
- Which data do we collect and process?
- How long do we keep your data?
- How do we protect your data?
- Who has access to your data and to whom is it disclosed?
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
- Contact information
DG CONNECT keeps your data for as long as follow-up actions to the Futurium Community concerned are necessary, namely the operation of the Community and its related management. Your personal data will be kept up to 5 years after your last interaction with the platform. Then, your personal daWe collect and use your personal information to administer the Futurium Communities set up by DG CONNECT or other Directorates-General. Collecting and using your data enables us to establish your membership within a community, to contact you with regard to online and offline activities relating to the community and ensure your participation therein, and to have an overview of the various types of members of the communities.
The processing operations on personal data for the organisation and management of the Futurium Communities are necessary and lawful under Article 5(a) of Regulation (EC) 45/2001 and the upcoming Regulation replacing it, as the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest. The purpose of the respective Futurium Community and any related policy decisions are set out in detail in the ‘About’ tab on the Community page of the Futurium website.
Your personal data may become part of a database (please see notification DPO-3718) with the purpose of facilitating our future interaction with you as a stakeholder in your areas of interest. If you do not wish to be included in this database, please write to CNECT-STAKEHOLDERS@ec.europa.eu.
Your personal data may be used by the European Commission for internal quantitative and qualitative analyses of the stakeholders’ contributions. The results of such analyses may only be published in an anonymised form.
a will be deleted.
This data includes your title, name, surname, organisation and position, country, e-mail address, IP address, interest represented, profile picture, brief personal description and motivation to contribute to the Community.
All personal data provided by you can be accessed by the websites’ administrators (Commission staff), as well as by other Commission staff on a need to know basis.
Your data may be accessed by other persons, depending on their access rights:
- As a registered user, your personal data (first name, last name, profile picture if provided) are visible to any other user or unregistered visitor of the website, if you have joined a thematic Community and/or posted content on the platform. Your content posted in an open Community is visible for any user or visitor of the website as well.
- Your personal data such as first name, last name and profile picture, as well as the content posted in a closed community, are visible only for members of that Community.
- Information provided by you as part of the request for joining a thematic Community are visible by the Communities’ moderators. These moderators may be external to the Commission.
- Additional personal data provided by you as part of your profile are visible only to registered users. Registered users can configure the privacy settings of their account which determine which of these personal data are visible to other users.
You are entitled to access your personal data and rectify, block or delete it if the data is inaccurate or incomplete. You are able to rectify or delete the profile data which you provided regarding your name, organisation, country and profile picture. To have other data rectified or deleted that you have provided, such as brief personal presentation, motivation to contribute, and interests which you wish to represent, you can contact the data controller. Please refer to section 8. You may lodge a complaint with the European Data Protection Supervisor: http://www.edps.europa.eu.
If you have comments or questions, any concerns or a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please feel free to contact the data controller using the following contact information:
DG CONNECT Unit R.3 “Knowledge Management and Innovative Systems”
You can find more detailed information in the Register of the Data Protection Officer of the Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/service-standards-and-principles/transparency/data-processing-register_en