The Center for Data Innovation will host the European AI Policy Conference: Trends in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation in Brussels on December 1, 2020.
Artificial intelligence, or AI, is emerging as the most important technology in a new wave of digital innovation that is transforming industries around the world. Businesses in Europe are at the forefront of some of the latest advancements in the field, and European universities are home to the greatest concentration of AI researchers in the world. Every week, new case studies emerge showing the potential opportunities that can arise from greater use of the technology. Yet at the same time, there is concern that Europe is losing ground to its competitors, particularly China. In response, the EU and its member states have been pursuing various strategies to bolster the development and adoption of AI. But to fully realize its vision for AI, Europe needs an influx of resources and talent, plus some important policy changes. This conference will bring together some of the leading voices in AI from across Europe to discuss why European success in AI is important, how the EU compares to other world leaders today, and what steps European policymakers should take to be more competitive in AI.
Topics will include:
- How can Europe become more competitive in the global AI economy?
- Which sectors of the economy present the greatest opportunities for AI disruption?
- How are businesses, universities, and governments using AI for social good?
- What progress are researchers making in building secure, safe, and trustworthy AI?
- How can Europe remain at the forefront of AI development and adoption?
- How can Europe promote AI leadership in strategic sectors?
- Which policies will ensure AI delivers benefits for all of Europe?
- How can policymakers strengthen the building blocks of European AI?
- How can Europe enhance international cooperation on research and data sharing?
Location: Renaissance Brussels Hotel, 19 Rue du Parnasse, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
To find out more and register to the event: https://aipolicyconference.org
If you wish to know more about the conference, please contact email@example.com. You can also follow @datainnovation for news and updates, or register for our newsletter.