Programme Day 1 (31/1/2017) (pdf)
Site visits: Visits to examples of digital innovation/companies
Sandwich Lunch, exhibition will be open
Welcome and keynote (K1)
- European cooperation to accelerate the digitisation of industry Speaker: Matthias Machnig, State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Digitising European Industry: the view of the Maltese Presidency Speaker: Dr. Christian Cardona, Minister for the Economy, Investment and Small Business, Malta
- Digitising European Industry: State of the Initiative
Speaker: Khalil Rouhana, Deputy Director-General, European Commission, DG Connect
Mastering the Digitisation of Industry in Europe – How to Allow SMEs and Large Enterprises to Compete on a Global Scale
- Dr. Roland Busch, Member of the Managing Board, Siemens AG (tbc)
- Laurent Blanchard, Executive Vice President, Dassault Systèmes
- Ineke Dezentjé Hamming-Bluemink, President, Employers association FME
- Tomas Hedenborg, President, Orgalime
- Peter Olson, VP & Head of European Affairs, Ericsson
Societal challenges in the digitisation of industry – opportunities and challenges
- Piet Mosterd, Field Lab
- Christian Decker, CEO, DESMA Schuhmaschinen GmbH
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Reiner Anderl, TU Darmstadt
- Luigi Perissich, Director General, Confindustria Innovative and Technological Services
Plenary session (PS1)
Future visions on digital industries
- Kerstin Eichmann, Head of Machine Economy Innovation Lighthouse Innogy – Machine Learning for sustainable energy
- Thomas Zeller, CDO UnternehmerTUM GbmH and Niklaus Waser, Vice President, IBM Watson IoT Center Munich – Munich digital eco systems - best practices and outlook
- Sebastian Raßmann, Senior Innovation Advisor, TrendOne – The World in 2025 – Digital Transformation of Industry
End of the conference
Networking dinner (in the same venue)
Programme Day 2 (1/2/2017)
Walking breakfast in the exhibition space
- State of Digitization in Europe - Stefan Schaible, Deputy CEO, Roland Berger
Highlights from national initiatives: success stories, best practices and EU-level cooperation
- Mario Buisán, Director General of Industry and SMEs, Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness
- Nigel Edmonson, Managing Director, MADE Denmark
- Carsten Polenz, Vice President Product & Innovations, SAP, representing Plattform Industrie 4.0 (Germany)
- Jan Stanilko, Deputy Director, Innovation Department, Ministry of Economic Development,
- Stefano Firpo, Director general of industrial policy, Italian Ministry of Economic development
- Laurent Probst, PwC Luxembourg
- Khalil Rouhana, Deputy Director General, DG Connect
Meet a national initiative:
“speed dating” service to allow any interested participant to discuss with representatives of the national initiatives.
EC initiatives presentation:
The EC booth will showcase the DTM (Digital Transformation Monitor) Scoreboard and the WATIFY campaign
11:20 Parallel workshops - session1
The three workshops will take place in different rooms at the same time
Workshop A1 Skills for the digital age – Challenges, Best Practices and Initiatives
How to share actions at national and European level? Which new education and life-long learning schemes can cope with the digital change?
How to enhance cooperation in the research sector and training programmes within companies?
What role for the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition?
Workshop A2 Standards, reference architectures and testbeds for manufacturing industry
What are the possibilities and opportunities of using testbeds and other bottom-up approaches to define standards?
How to enable and foster dialogue and collaboration between testbed-Institutions in the different member states?
How to make access to standards easier for SMEs?
Workshop A3 Security and data Security for industry
What are the prerequisites for a secure and trustworthy treatment of data and a reliable protection of inter-company communication?
What can companies do today to ensure security?
How to share actions at national and European level?
What are the priorities for European cooperation?What are the prerequisites for a secure and trustworthy treatment of data and a reliable protection of inter-company communication? What can companies do today to ensure security?
Walking lunch in the exhibition space.
13:50 Parallel workshops - session 2
Workshop B1 EU Working Group 1 session: Digital Innovation Hubs.
The workshop will present the results achieved in the different sub-working groups of the Working Group 1 of the DEI initiative; it will also discuss issues and actions needed, with a focus on:
- An exchange of best practices between already existing digital innovation hubs/competence centers;
- Examples of what regions/member states can do to strengthen local presence of digital innovation hubs;
- Measures that the EU will be taking to support a network of digital innovation hubs.
Workshop B2 EU Working Group 2 session: Digital platforms for the industry of tomorrow.
The workshop will present the results achieved in the different sub-working groups of the Working Group 2 of DEI initiative; it will also discuss issues and actions needed, with a focus on:
- Stocktaking of results after the first two meetings of WG2;
- Alignment and better articulation of national programs, coordination between different PPPs and focused investment by the EU, Member States and industry;
- Transition towards large-scale federating initiatives to reach the critical mass that is needed to realise value of digital industrial platforms.
Workshop B3 Regulatory challenges for digitizing industry.
The workshop will deal with the key regulatory issues for digitisation of industry, namely creating a data economy, securing the free flow of data and safeguarding product liability. It will address the general question: how can intelligent and autonomous systems be regulated in the future?
- Günther H. Oettinger, EU Commissioner in charge of Budget and Human Resources
Plenary session (PS2)
Reports from the working groups.
- Karen Coleman, Journalist, author and founder of EuroParlRadio
Interpretation will be provided in German / English / French on day 1.
Other useful links: