The scope of the NGI Open Internet Initiative objective ICT-24-2018 is:
3 Research & Innovation (R&I) Actions; EUR 21 Million; 2-3 years; 1 R&I project per topic:- Privacy and trust enhancing technologies- Decentralized data governance- Discovery and identification technologies;This R&I Actions are supported by 3 Coordination and support actions (CSAs);EUR 7 Million, 1 CSA project per topic:- Technology Strategy&Policy- Technology Harvest&Transfer- Outreach Office.
ICT-24-2018: Next Generation Internet-An Open Internet Initiative:
This initiative aims at
- developing a more human-centric Internet
- supporting values of openness, cooperation across borders, decentralisation, inclusiveness and protection of privacy;
- giving the control back to the users in order to increase trust in the Internet
- should provide more transparent services, more intelligence, greater involvement and participation
- leading towards an Internet that is more open, robust and dependable, more interoperable and more supportive of social innovation
- involving today’s best Internet innovators
- to address technological opportunities arising from cross-links and advances in various research fields
- to include validation and testing of market traction with minimum viable products & services, of new economic, mobility and social models
- to involves users and market actors at an early stage
The 3 specific 'R&I Actions' are targeted on beneficiaries who should make explicit the intervention logic for their specific research domain, their capacity to attract top Internet talents, to deliver a solid value-adding services package to the third party projects as well as their expertise and capacity in managing the full life-cycle of the open calls transparently. This process will be supported by 3 CSAs.Multi-disciplinary approaches are encouraged. Eventually this initiative should influence Internet governance and related policies.
For more info see the ICT Work-Programme 2018-2020.
You are a real internet innovator? Please share your ideas with us!Take part in the ICT Proposers' Day 2017 and present your idea!And do not forget to participate in our web-streamde Info sessions, 7 December 2017 and 31 January 2018.
Submission deadline for the calls of this objective is 17 April 2018 - NOW IT IS THE TIME to shape the future internet for the people!