Are you a city representative, a regional or government official, a financial institution, a university, a think-tank, a NGO or another organisation committed to finding solutions in the field of Air Quality?
Then join us for this half a day workshop in London to discover the first results of the Urban Partnership for Air Quality and engage in shaping recommendations and actions for better legislation, better knowledge and better funding.
- 08.30-09.00 Registration and welcome coffee / tea
- 09.00-09.15 Welcome speech, Elliot Treharne, Air Quality Manager, Greater London Authority
- 09.15-09.30 Introduction to the Urban Agenda, François Wakenhut, Acting Director at DG Environment, European Commission
- 09.30-11.00 The Urban Air Quality Partnership – Preliminary findings. Chair: Luigi Lo Piparo, Project Manager of the Secretariat for the Urban Partnership for Air Quality
- 09.30-09.40 The Urban Air Quality Partnership - State of play, René Korenromp, Urban Air Quality Partnership Coordinator
- 09.40-10.00 Modelling City-Specific Situations + Q&A, City of Helsinki / Joint Research Centre
- 10.00-10.20 Mapping Regulatory Instruments and Funding of the EU + Q&A, Greater London Authority
- 10.20-10.40 Air Quality Best Practices + Q&A, City of Utrecht / Eurocities
- 10.40-11.00 Guidelines for City Air Quality Action Plans + Q&A, City of Milan
- 11.00-11.30 Coffee / tea break
- 11.30-12.00 Findings of the Air Quality Partnership in terms of better regulation, better knowledge and better funding, Dr. Rob Maas, Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM)
- 12.00-13.00 Debate with the audience, Chair: Elliot Treharne, Air Quality Manager, Greater London Authority
- 13.00-13.15 Wrap-up of the discussion, Elliot Treharne, Air Quality Manager, Greater London Authority
- 13.15-13.30 Conclusions, René Korenromp, Urban Air Quality Partnership Coordinator
- 13.30-15.00 End of workshop and networking lunch
(*subject to changes)
Participation in the Urban Air Quality Partnership - Stakeholders Workshop is free of charge.
Registration is open until 30 May. Access to the workshop is upon registration only. The number of participants is limited. To be sure of being able to attend, please register early.
Note that no on-site registration will be accepted.
To inform us about any special dietary requirements, you may contact The Secretariat at the email below.
During the Urban Air Quality Partnership - Stakeholders Workshop, you will need a personal badge for identification purposes, valid throughout the event. Badges will be handed to registered participants out on the morning of the event at the welcome desks between 8am and 9am.
The event will be in English. No interpretation will be available.
The Urban Agenda for the EU is a new working method to ensure maximum utilisation of the growth potential of cities and to successfully tackle social challenges. It aims to promote cooperation between Member States, Cities, the European Commission and other stakeholders, in order to stimulate growth, liveability and innovation in the cities of Europe.
The Urban Partnership for Air Quality is actively supported by four Member States, five cities, as well by a number of European associations and EU institutions.
To find out more check:https://ec.europa.eu/futurium/en/air-quality
Stay tuned with the latest news from the Urban Agenda Partnership on Air Quality and on the Urban Agenda in general and sign up for the newsletter here.