- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline date
- Service for Foreign Policy Instruments
SERVICE PRIOR INFORMATION NOTICE
Provision of Technical Assistance to the project "Clean Energy Cooperation with India" (CECI) - New Delhi – India
1. Publication reference
3. Programme title
Clean Energy Cooperation with India (CECI)
PI / 2014 / 037-781
5. Contracting Authority
The European Union, represented by the European Commissionon behalf of and for the account of India
6. Nature of contract
7. Contract description
The project "Clean Energy Cooperation with India (CECI)"aims to enhance India's capacity to deploy low carbon energy production and improve energy efficiency, thereby contributing to the mitigation of global climate change. Project activities will support India's efforts to secure the supply of energy and contribute to global energy security. In doing do, the project will also aim at creating opportunities for European businesses in the energy technologies sector (renewables, energy efficiency, electrical network equipment).
Following from the above, the Technical Assistance services to be provided under this project will be divided into three (3) lots, as follows:
- Preparation of a pilot project in offshore wind energy demonstration, up to the 'ready-to-order' phase;
- Support to the Indian Government's planned "Green Energy Corridors - GECs";
- Legal and policy support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the Building and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditional sectors, combined with the support to the activities of the following Joint Working Groups in the framework of the EU-India Energy Panel: 1) Energy Security; 2) Renewables/Energy Efficiency/Smart Integration; and 3) Coal and clean coal.
8. Indicative budget
1.Support to a first offshore wind energy pilot
2. Support to the realisation of Green Energy Corridors (GECs)
3. Support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the building sector, and to the Joint Working Groups under the EU-India Energy Panel
9. Intended timing of publication of the contract notice
10 February 2015
10. Additional information
1. Legal basis1
Regulation (EU) N°236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union's instruments for financing external action and Regulation (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a Partnership Instrument for cooperation with third countries
There must be a minimum period of 30 calendar days between the publication of this prior information notice and the publication of the corresponding contract notice.
No applications or requests for information should be sent at this stage.
- Please state any specificity that might have an impact on rules on participation (such as geographic or thematic or long/short term).