The Farm to Fork conference
Building sustainable food systems together’ is an annual gathering of European stakeholders interested in helping to shape the EU’s path towards sustainable food systems.
Stakeholders across the food value chain, public authorities, international and civil society organisations, as well as other citizens and the interested public are invited to join the debate every year and contribute to the implementation of the Farm to Fork Strategy for a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system.
The event also provides a forum for discussion on the challenges and opportunities linked to the transition to sustainable food systems, as well as on possible further areas of intervention.
Farm to Fork 2020 conference
The Farm to Fork 2020 conference was the first annual gathering of European stakeholders willing to engage and help shape the EU's path towards a fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food system. The event fostered a general debate on the implementation of the Farm to Fork Strategy, which had recently been adopted.
Please find more information on the event, as well as the recordings and relevant documents below:
Recordings of the conference
- Recording of Day 1 – 15 October 2020
- Recording of Day 2 – 16 October 2020
- Breakout session 1 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Breakout session 2 - Economic opportunities for farmers
- Breakout session 3 - Helping consumers choose healthy diets from sustainable food systems and reduce food waste
- Breakout session 4 - New knowledge and innovation solutions for sustainable farming
- Highlights Day 1
- Highlights Day 2
- Take the 3D tour of the event’s virtual exhibition space
- Video testimonials – Farm to Fork, Taking Action!
- Monique Goyens, Director General of the European Consumer Organisation (BEUC) - consumer attitudes towards sustainable food
- Owen Brodie, farmer - Smart Farming Initiative in Ireland
- Francisca Chaves Ramos, farmer - Reducing the use of pesticides
- Bart Vergote, pig breeder – Reducing the use of antibiotics
- Salvatore Basile, INNER President & Jostein Hertwig, IFOAM Organics Europe - Organic Biodistrict
- Tom Troonbeeckx, farmer - Community supported agriculture
- Event Summary
- Speakers bios
- Participants list
- Presentation - Klaus G. Grunert, Professor at Aarhus University, MAPP Centre, 16.10.2020, Consumer attitudes and views on sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Olivier De Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights & co-chair IPES-Food, Session #1, 16.10.2020 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Maximo Torero Cullen, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations, Session #1, 16.10.2020 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Jaana Husu-Kallio, Permanent Secretary at Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Finland, Session #1, 16.10.2020 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Marco Settembri, EVP Nestlé S.A., & President at FoodDrinkEurope, Session #1, 16.10.2020 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Ondina Afonso, Head of Quality & Research / Chair Continente Producers Club at SONAE MC, Session #1, 16.10.2020 - Building an EU legislative framework for sustainable food systems
- Presentation - Eleni Alevritou, President at Consumer Association the Quality of Life-EKPIZO, Session #3, 16.10.2020 - Helping consumers choose healthy diets from sustainable food systems and reduce food waste
- Presentation - Veronika Pountcheva, Global Director Corporate Responsibility & Senior Vice President at METRO AG, Session #3, 16.10.2020 - Helping consumers choose healthy diets from sustainable food systems and reduce food waste
- Presentations - Session #4, 16.10.2020 - New knowledge and innovative solutions for sustainable farming
Please note: Some of the above content is hosted by a third party (player.vimeo.com). By showing the external content you accept the terms and conditions of player.vimeo.com.
Farm to Fork 2021 conference
The second edition of the Farm to Fork conference will be held in the days preceding World Food Day 2021: 14-15 October 2021.
It is foreseen as a hybrid meeting with the majority of the audience joining virtually.
The Farm to Fork conference 2021 will focus on the progress made on the initiatives foreseen in the strategy’s action plan, support the EU efforts to achieve a global transition to sustainable food systems and put emphasis on transition enablers.
Draft agenda of this year's conference.
Should you have any questions regarding the annual conference, please do not hesitate to contact us at EC-FARM-TO-FORK@ec.europa.eu