The UN Secretary-General has convened the first UN Food Systems Summit as part of the Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
The summit will launch bold new actions to deliver progress on all 17 SDGs, each one relying to some degree on healthier, more sustainable and equitable food systems.
The UN Food Systems Summit will take place on 23 September 2021.
Dialogues were a core component for the preparation of the summit and important opportunities to reach conclusions on the best way to achieve a more sustainable food system.
The European Commission organised a series of EU Food Systems Dialogue events to obtain views from citizens and stakeholders. These dialogues aimed to contribute to the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit, and will help the EU Commission to shape future proposals around food systems whilst contributing to the world debate on how food systems should look like in the future.
See below the outcomes of the different dialogues organised in view of the summit:
- 16 July 2021: High Level public Event
- 12-13 July 2021: EU citizens Dialogues
- 22 June 2021: EU Platform on Animal Welfare
- 7 June 2021: June EU Dialogue with stakeholders for the Summit
- 20 May 2021: EFSA’s Emerging Risk networks linked to Green Deal/F2F