What is a country profile?
A country profile is a compilation of key information for each Member State used by the DG Health and Food Safety to support its control and monitoring activities.
The country profile includes:
- The five most recently published audit reports
- The Commission's assessment of the actions taken by the Member States in response to its audits and audit recommendations
- An overview of how controls are organised in the Member States, based on information supplied by them
- Relevant links to Member States' websites
Why have country profiles?
Each country profile provides a horizontal, country-based overview which:
- facilitates the preparation of audits
- supports and documents the systematic follow up of recommendations in audit reports
- helps to identify strengths and weaknesses in official controls
- assists the overall prioritisation of audits, and other monitoring activities
- serves as a basic source of background information for stakeholders