This two-day event which was co-organised by the European Commission (DG MARE) and the Mediterranean Advisory Council (MEDAC) took place in Catania on 9-10 February 2016.
European Commission services responsible for Fisheries conservation and Control in the Mediterranean and Black Sea and the MEDAC (Mediterranean Advisory Council), as well as Italy as hosting country, were organising the High-level Seminar during which scientists presented a diagnostic of the status of the resources.
Agenda [436 KB]
- EU Science and fisheries: overview in the Mediterranean basin – Norman Graham, President of the STECF [2 MB]
- Diagnostic of the fishery stocks and possible future scenarios, Small pelagics – Philippe Cury, IRD - Senior Scientist [6 MB]
- Diagnostic of the fishery stocks and possible future scenarios, Demersals – Eduardo Balguerías, Director IEO [2 MB]
- Ecosystem status (other impacts and climate change) – Simone Libralato, National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics [4 MB]
- Implementation of the CFP, instruments and possible actions at EU level in regional context – Xavier Vazquez (CFP) [223 KB] , Xavier Vazquez (DCF) [269 KB] and Fabrizia Benini (EMFF) [764 KB] , DG MARE
- MEDAC – Giampaolo Buonfiglio, MEDAC [3 MB]
- Spatial planning: towards a new management approach - Tommaso Russo, University of Tor Vergata [4 MB]
- Control: use of technology and innovations to encourage compliance – Pascal Savouret, EFCA [3 MB]