- Expand/CollapseSDMX explained
- Expand/Collapse SDMX projects
- DSD availability
- Expand/CollapseEconomy and finance
- Expand/CollapsePopulation and social conditions
- Expand/CollapseIndustry, trade and services
- Expand/CollapseAgriculture and fisheries
- Expand/CollapseInternational trade
- Expand/CollapseEnvironment and energy
- Expand/CollapseScience, technology, digital society
- Expand/Collapse SDMX IT tools
- Expand/Collapse Validation & transformation
- Expand/CollapseTrainings & tutorials
|Project overview[last update : 18-11-2016]|
The Census Hub is a conceptually new system for dissemination of the 2011 Census data referenced via the Eurostat website. It is based on the concept of data sharing and web services, where a group of partners agree on providing access to their data according to standard processes formats and technologies. At this purpose the SDMX standards is used.
The hub is a well-accessible system providing involved actors with the following actions:
- Data providers can:
- notify the hub of new sets of data and corresponding structural metadata (measures, dimension, code lists, etc.);
- make data available directly from their systems through a querying system.
- Data users can:
- browse the hub to define a dataset of interest via the above structural metadata;
- retrieve the dataset from the NSIs.
It provides single access point to data which are stored remotely and not physically transmitted to Eurostat, ensuring high performance and allowing Member States to have full control over their data.
95 DSDs, organised in 4 distinct groups, are included in the Census 2011 package, available on the CIRCABC
- Population / Persons
- Quantitative metadata
These DSDs are available for download under (https://circabc.europa.eu/w/browse/a3615043-1dad-4218-9517-4802540fa1a7)
|Transmission and Validation|
Data are exchanges only upon end-user request and visualised without intermediate storage. 19 core tables are available under Eurostat website.
Data validation is performed by the data providers and data have undergo quality assessment by Eurostat
Business request: ESTAT-Census@ec.europa.eu
SDMX technical request: ESTAT-CENSUSHUB@ec.europa.eu
|Planned actions and updates|
Reuse of the solution for Census 2021 data dissemination is under assessment.