- Expand/CollapseSDMX explained
- Expand/Collapse SDMX projects
- DSD availability
- Expand/CollapseEconomy and finance
- Expand/CollapsePopulation and social conditions
- Expand/CollapseIndustry, trade and services
- Expand/CollapseAgriculture and fisheries
- Expand/CollapseInternational trade
- Expand/CollapseEnvironment and energy
- Expand/CollapseScience, technology, digital society
- Expand/Collapse SDMX IT tools
- Expand/Collapse Validation & transformation
- Expand/CollapseTrainings & tutorials
SDMX has become one of the bedrocks of a modern and industrialised statistical process. However, this does not mean that SDMX can stand still. On the contrary, growing experience with SDMX by an ever-wider circle of users interested in its open-source software tools, its business applications, and evolving standard and needs has resulted in a recent plan of action for SDMX.
The SDMX sponsors have outlined a plan of action, called the SDMX Roadmap 2020, for the period 2016-2020 that expresses how SDMX will develop further over the next few years. The main objective of the SDMX initiative is to build up stronger and more global information systems that can provide open and real-time access to official statistics. The SDMX Roadmap 2020 is based on four key strategic pillars:
Strengthening the implementation of SDMX.
Making data consumption easier via SDMX.
Using SDMX to modernise statistical processes, as well as continuously improving standards and IT infrastructure.
Improving communication in general, including better interaction between international partners.
Eurostat's response to the higher-level SDMX Roadmap 2020 has been to develop its own lower-level SDMX implementation strategy for the European Statistical System. The so-called 'Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange (SDMX) implementation: laying the path to 2020' paper has not yet been finalised but will provide the operational criteria for meeting the higher-level action plan. It should be seen as Eurostat's 'how to' response to the sponsors' group 2020 targets.