Overview - Research and methodology
Statistical methodology and research are key factors in efficiency gains and the harmonisation of statistics from different European countries.
Eurostat´s work includes:
- to identify emerging new techniques and technologies in ICT and statistics
- to identify statistical solutions for new policy needs, such as indicators for poverty measurement or sustainability.
- to lay down methods for each step of the statistical process chain, from survey to modelling, analysis and dissemination.
- to enhance best practice, guidelines for seasonal adjustment, statistical confidentiality and data integration.
- new business architecture is introduced to streamline new production processes