The 2019 edition of ‘Agriculture, forestry and fishery statistics’ presents a selection of data on a wide range of agricultural, forestry and fishery topics for the European Union and its Member States, as well as EFTA countries and the candidate countries.
The nine chapters of the book:
- Chapter 1: ‘Agriculture in the EU: key messages’ is an executive summary of the main messages in the publication.
- Chapter 2: ‘Agriculture: the factors of production’ summarises key messages on types of farm, the people working in agriculture, and on agricultural capital. It presents an overview of farms according to their size and the nature of their activity; on those working in agriculture, especially farmers according to characteristics such as age, gender and level of education; and on investments in agriculture, agricultural land prices and rents. A new section has been added on organic farming.
- Chapter 3: ‘Farm production’ presents the most recent data on many of the EU’s agricultural products, both in terms of output and prices. This is done for crops, livestock and meat, as well as milk.
- Chapter 4: ‘Performance of the agricultural sector’ covers the economic developments within the agricultural industry and presents data on output and input values. A new section on the resource performance of the agricultural sector has been added.
- Chapter 5, ‘Forestry activities’, provides data on the EU’s forest area, forest ownership and timber resources, as well as economic and employment figures for the forestry sector.
- Chapter 6, ‘Fisheries activities’, gives a statistical overview of total fishery production, catches, aquaculture, landings of fishery products (product weight and value) and the EU’s fishing fleet by number of vessels, total gross tonnage and engine power.
- Chapter 7: ‘Food and beverages processing’ looks at the wider food chain. It analyses the businesses and persons employed in food and beverages manufacturing in the EU. It then looks at the transport of those agricultural and food products within the EU, by road and by inland waterways.
- Chapter 8: ‘Trade in agricultural goods’ looks at the EU’s international trade in groups of agricultural products and the EU’s main trading partners.
- Chapter 9, ‘At a glance’ provides a summary statistical overview of the agricultural, forestry and fisheries industries in each Member State and the EU as a whole, and a selection of country-pertinent key messages regarding agricultural developments.
For more information:
- Overview of agricultural statistics
- Overview of forestry statistics
- Overview of fisheries statistics
To contact us, please visit our User Support page.
For press queries, please contact our Media Support.