2019 edition of “Key figures on Europe – Statistics Illustrated” is now published, in three languages: English, German and French. With intuitive visualisations and concise text, this publication provides an insight into the current situation and recent developments across the EU, people and society, the economy and business, and the environment and natural resources.
It answers questions such as:
- How has the share of people employed changed in your country since 2002? What is the situation for women, men and young people?
- What is the share of people who use social networks or shop online?
- Does the average EU household spend more on food and non-alcoholic beverages or on housing, water and energy?
- How many cars there are in your country per 1 000 inhabitants?
- Which are the top 3 holiday destinations of your fellow citizens in terms of the number of nights spent away from home?
- How much of the energy used in your country comes from renewables, such as wind, solar, and biomass?
- How much of the total agricultural area in your country is used for organic farming?
Do you want to get a quick and interactive overview of the situation of your country?
Take a look at the accompanying digital version of this publication.
To contact us, please visit our User Support page.
For press queries, please contact our Media Support.