Today, on 6 February, is Safer Internet Day. To know more about this initiative, see the Safer Internet Day website.
If you would like to know more about internet safety and security in the EU, we have put together some useful links to Eurostat datasets, visualisations and articles for you:
Datasets dealing with ICT security:
- Security related problems experienced by internet users
- Internet users providing personal information online, by type of information
- Internet users managing access to their personal information online / using anti-tracing software
- Online activities not done by internet users because of security concerns
- ICT security of businesses: existence of ICT security policy & risks addressed
For more information on “Digital economy & society” in general, see also its dedicated section on the Eurostat website.
If you are not a ‘data-type’ person, but more into reading, please have a look at the following statistical articles:
- Safe surfing: A brief look on internet security (Chapter of the digital publication “Digital economy & society in the EU”)
- ICT security in enterprises
- Digital economy and society statistics - households and individuals
Please see the sub-chapter further down in the article on “Privacy and protection of personal identity”
An overview of all Statistics Explained articles related to “Digital economy & society” is available here.
If you are more the ‘visual’ type of person, check out our data visualisations:
If you did not find what you were looking for, please contact one of our support services.