World Refugee Day is organised every year on 20th June by the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees worldwide. This year, the theme is ‘Every Action Counts’, which aims to remind people that everyone, including refugees, can contribute to society to create more inclusive and equal world.
To mark the World Refugee Day, Eurostat is publishing a selection of data on asylum seekers available in its database:
Source: Eurostat, Asylum and managed migration statistics
Further information and statistics:
- Eurostat dedicated section on asylum and managed migration
- Eurostat leaflet on asylum and managed migration
- Eurostat Statistics Explained article on asylum quarterly data - 1st quarter 2020 results
- Eurostat Statistics Explained article on asylum annual data – 2019 results
- Eurostat interactive visualisation on asylum quarterly data - 1st quarter 2020 results
- United Nations: World Refugee Day
To contact us, please visit our User Support page.
For press queries, please contact our Media Support.