Are you interested in new possibilities for statistical data production? Ideas on statistical literacy and dissemination in Europe? Use of factual data in political decision-making? Or interpretation of regional population projections?
If so, we have something for you. On 30 September 2019 in Helsinki (Finland), Statistics Finland organises a full day seminar in cooperation with Eurostat for users of national and international statistics under the theme "Tiedosta tulevaisuus / Figures for tomorrow" (mainly in Finnish).
Programme of the day:
- New possibilities of statistics and data production, Director General Ms Marjo Bruun, Statistics Finland
- Improving statistical literacy and dissemination in Europe, director of Methodology, Dissemination and Cooperation Mr Eduardo Barredo Capelot, Eurostat
- Factual data in political decision-making, Member of the European Parliament Ms Sirpa Pietikäinen
- What does the regional population projection tell us?, Senior Statistician Mr Markus Rapo, Statistics Finland
- Case: Sustainability development indicators, now and in the future, Senior Research Scientist Mr Jari Lyytimäki PhD, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE)
- Case: The importance of data in international trade, Chief Economist Mr Mauri Kotamäki, Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Case: Data belongs to everyone, Professor of Practice Mr Pekka Sauri, the University of Helsinki
- Conclusion, Head of Research Mr Faiz Alsuhail, Statistics Finland
During the day, interesting regional data on population projections will be published.
Are you interested?
Register soon, as registration closes on 25 September.
Visit event page at Statistics Finland for more information or contact details.