- Overview 'Regions & cities'
- Principles and Characteristics
- History of NUTS
- NUTS Maps (.pdf)
- Tercet – Territorial typologies
- Local Administrative Units (LAU)
- Statistical regions outside the EU
- Expand/CollapseCorrespondence tables
- Linked Open Data
- Statistics Illustrated
The NUTS classification is defined only for the Member States of the EU.
Eurostat, in agreement with the countries concerned, also defines a coding of statistical regions for countries that do not belong to the EU but are either:
- candidate countries awaiting accession to the EU or
- potential candidates or
- countries belonging to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Statistical regions are defined according to principles similar to those used in the establishment of the NUTS classification (see "Principles and Characteristics").
The current status of Statistical Regions is as follows:
Candidate countries and potential candidates