Visualisations, mobile apps & extraction tools
In recent years, Eurostat has developed a variety of data visualisation tools in order to better meet the needs of our users. These tools present data from different statistical themes in an attractive and easy-understandable way for everyone to explore.
On this page you will find an overview of all Eurostat data visualisation tools as well as mobile apps and tools offered for data extraction.
The Data browser is a web application to manage different visualisations (tables, line charts, bar charts and maps), for displaying, charting and downloading statistical data in an easy and interactive way. Its main features are:
- Advanced management of all the available dimensions in the layout.
- Creation of custom views of data, which can be later saved and shared to social media.
- Improved data display mode, by allowing users to use the ‘Summary’ or ‘Highlighted’ mode in different visualisations.
- Many options for customizing the visualizations in tables and graphs mode.
- Download of the data and structural items in various formats: MS Excel, SDMX, TSV, CSV, JSON.
- Map visualisation: now uses the NUTS 2016 boundaries by default and a new NUTS version switcher, which allow users to select the NUTS version in the map visualisation.
Is a common tool to extract data. It provides a single interface, easy to use for all the Eurostat databases, for all types of users. Data is accessible via the navigation tree and displays a table by default. The navigation tree included in the application (with a search function) enables:
- To customize the navigation tree
- To display the new added datasets, last updates and last visited datasets
Table by default can be customized in an interactive and dynamic way:
- Selection (or un-selection) of elements that you want to see (or not) in the table. For each change, possibility to display the modified table is available on the right of the screen;
- Possibility to hide or display selected rows and columns;
- Possibility to interchange rows between themselves (or columns);
- Possibility to interchange rows with columns.
The data explorer offers advanced functions for professional users and various download formats for tables: xls, txt, html, spss, pc axis, etc.
Watch the demo tour on how to use the data explorer.
- Bulk download is a tool available for downloading the complete table in TSV format (applicable after Registration) – see the manual for more information.
- SDMX Web Services - a programmatic access to Eurostat data, with the possibility to get a complete list of publicly available datasets, detail the complete structure definition of a given dataset and download a subset of a given dataset or a full dataset.
- JSON and UNICODE Web Services - a programmatic access to Eurostat data, with the possibility to download a subset of a given dataset.
For the time being other data extraction tools are available online:
- Traditional international trade database (Comext) – a tailor-made application for external trade and manufactured goods statistics.