Thank you for your interest in our statistical community!
The European Statistics User Forum is the official forum of the European Statistical System, a partnership between Eurostat and the bodies in the countries of the European Union and the European Free Trade Association that are responsible for the development, production and dissemination of European statistics. The forum is a space where you can discuss specific topics and recent developments in statistics. Here, you can engage with others in the community at large or within a specific virtual community. You can share, connect and seek advice from your peers.
Participation in the forum is free of charge and accessible to the general public. Only registered users may post messages on the forum. To register, please create a European Commission user authentication account.
- The official language of the forum is English. Do not post in other languages.
- Let others have their say, just as you may. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Don’t challenge or attack others.
- Don't post commercial messages or employment advertisements in discussions.
- All messages posted in this forum are the sole opinion and responsibility of the author.
Use caution when discussing people or organizations. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, libelous, slanderous or illegal materials or comments are strictly prohibited. Rudeness, negativity, personal attacks, harassment, bullying or cruelty are also prohibited. Posts including such messages may be removed without warning. Users who use abusive or derogatory language towards other users may be banned.
- Keep your comments on-topic. Messages that make no sense and/or are useless will be deleted and the author of such messages may be suspended or banned without notice.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate thread. Do not spam several threads with the same message. Intentional posting of the same or very similar message by the same user more than once will be treated as spam and may be deleted.
- Send a private message (e.g. “thanks for the information”, etc.) to individuals. Don’t post it in the thread.
- Our moderating team does its best to keep the discussions focused and civil; nevertheless, we are not always able to proactively prevent abusive or personally-identifiable messages. By participating in the forum, you agree not to hold Eurostat, national statistical institutes, or their affiliates liable for anything stated within the forums.
Please note carefully all items listed in the ec.europa.eu domain Legal notice.
In order to maintain an environment that encourages civil and constructive dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this European Statistics User Forum for anyone who infringes these rules.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the European Statistics User Forum or if you need to contact us, please use the following e-mail address:
for the purpose of the processing operation ‘European Statistics User Forum’
The protection of your privacy including your personal data is of great importance to Eurostat, thereby reflecting the provisions of the Charter on Fundamental Rights of the European Union, and in particular its Article 8. The present privacy statement describes which measures are taken in order to protect your personal data with regard to the action involving the present data processing operation and what rights you have as a data subject.
Your personal data are processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the community institutions and bodies, as implemented in Eurostat by Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of 8 December 2011. All data of a personal nature – namely data which can identify you directly or indirectly – which you provide to Eurostat will be handled with the necessary care.
- PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING OPERATION
The purpose of the present processing operation is to facilitate the creation of virtual communities of advanced users of European statistics on a forum hosted on the website of the European Statistical System (http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/ess), and to facilitate exchange between its users. The European Statistics User Forum is an interactive communication service provided by Eurostat that allows you to engage with statistics producers and all types of statistics users– citizens, business, civil society and public actors. By engaging with its users, Eurostat will get a better understanding of their needs which will be used in shaping of the activities, products and services used for the dissemination of European statistics.
Your data will not be used for any other purpose nor will it be disclosed to third parties.
- DATA PROCESSED
Family name, first name, profile picture (optional), information on the organization at which the users of the Forum work, and their job title.
- CONTROLLER OF THE PROCESSING OPERATION
The controller1 responsible for the processing operation is the Head of the Unit "Digital Dissemination" or his/her Deputy acting on his/her behalf.
- STORAGE OF THE DATA
The “European Statistics User Forum” is hosted on the website of the European Statistical System (http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/ess), so all data is stored on the servers of the European Commission’s computer centre.
- PROVISION, ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION OF THE DATA
You have the right to access or correct your personal data.
- LEGAL BASIS
Processing operations on personal data associated with interactions with citizens are necessary for the management and functioning of the Commission, as stipulated by the treaties, specifically Article 5 TEU, Article 11 TEU, Article 13 TEU and Articles 244-250 TFEU.
- TIME LIMIT FOR STORING DATA
Your data will be stored until you remove it yourself or delete your account. You will be able to access and modify your information at any time by accessing your account. This information will not be re-used for any other purpose than as complementary information to the profile of the users of the Forum.
In case you have questions related to the protection of your personal data, you can contact the Eurostat Digital Dissemination Unit at ESTAT-ESS-SOCIAL@ec.europa.eu, +352 4301 30647, or the Data Protection Officer at DATA-PROTECTION-OFFICER@ec.europa.eu.
You have at any time the right of recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor at email@example.com.
1 The controller is the organisational entity which determines the purpose and means of the processing of personal data.↩