Biodiversity - Environment
Eurostat uses biodiversity data collected by other organisations, analyses them and prepares them for:
- its sustainable development indicators
- resource efficiency indicators
- the European Commission's agri-environmental indicators.
The data in Eurostat's database cover the following topics:
- protected areas under the Birds and Habitats Directive, using data collected by the European Environment Agency
- common bird indicators, including common farmland birds, common forest birds and all common birds, using data collected and processed by the European Bird Census Council and national BirdLife organisations.