Eurostat grants for national projects, 2016-2017
Description: Eurostat has co-financed projects (via grants) carried out by countries to improve their agri-environmental statistics.Project reports:
- Improving the availability of data on the use of inorganic fertilisers (LT 2017)
- Improving calculation of N and P (FI 2017)
- Testing the compilation of the SEEA-AFF for the Netherlands (NL 2017)
- DEFRA fertiliser project report (UK 2016)
- Improvements in agri-environmental and grassland statistics in Sweden (SE 2016)
- Pilot surveys aimed at methodological improvement in agri-environmental statistics and the development of grasslands statistics (PL 2016)
- Pilot studies to develop methodological improvements to agri-environmental statistics (HU 2016)
- Pilot study on developing statistics on grassland production from registers (NO 2016)
- Expert panels on mineral fertiliser statistics and nutrient budgets (NL 2016)
RegNiBal project, 2015
Project title: Regionalisation of Nitrogen Balances with the CAPRI Model: Pilot project in support of the Eurostat Working Group on Agri-Environmental Indicators
Description: The first objective of this pilot project was to evaluate differences between national Eurostat/OECD gross nutrient budget (GNB) figures and the GNB figures calculated using CAPRI. The second objective was to assess the feasibility of using the CAPRI model to (operationally) provide regional GNB data to complement the national GNBs.
Project report: Regionalisation of Nitrogen Balances with the CAPRI Model
Grassland areas, production and use, 2014
Project title: Grassland areas, production and use. Methodological studies in the field of Agro-Environmental Indicators.
Description: This project produced recommendations for data collection on areas and production of different types of grasslands. Data about grassland is needed for several European policies, i.e. Nitrates Directive, Common Agricultural Policy, EU Climate policies, and Biodiversity policies.Project reports:
- Final report: Grassland areas, production and use
- Task 1 report: Defining and classifying grasslands in Europe
- Task 2 report: Methods to estimate grassland production and biological fixation
Livedate project, 2014
Project title: Nitrogen and phosphorus excretion factors for livestock. Methodological studies in the field of Agro-Environmental Indicators.Description: The general objective of the project was to bring clarity to the issue of excretion factors so that a recommendation on a single, common methodology to calculate nitrogen and phosphorus excretion coefficients can be identified.
- Task 1: N excretion
- Task 1 Annex: Overview of existing excretion factors in European Countries
- Task 2: In-depth analyses of selected country reports
- Task 3: Analyses of the coherence, differences and best practices
- Task 4: Regional representativeness of nitrogen and phosphorus excretion factors
- Task 5: Guidelines for a common methodology
- Task 6: Default phosphorus retention and excretion factors
- Data base N excretion factors
Diredate project, 2011
Project title: Direct and indirect data needs linked to farms for Agri-Environmental Indicators (AEI)Description: The DireDate project produced recommendations for setting up a sustainable data collection system, based on best practices, for developing the agri-environmental indicators for the EU.
- Farm data needed for agri-environmental reporting (summary of the findings of the project)
- Task 1: Data requirements, availability and gaps in agri-environment indicators (AEIs) in Europe
- Task 2: Direct and indirect data needs linked to the farms for agri-environmental indicators
- Task 3: Analysis of methodologies for calculating greenhouse gas and ammonia emissions and nutrient balances
- Task 4 and 5: Agri-environmental indicators: recommendations for priority data collection and data combination
- Task 6: Characterisation of data collection - processing - reporting for agri-environmental policies in Member States of the European Union
Irena project, 2006
Project title: Indicator reporting on the integration of environmental concerns into agricultural policyDescription: The IRENA operation developed agri-environmental indicators to monitor the integration of environmental concerns into the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).