Sheep are domesticated animals of the species Ovis aries kept in flocks mainly for their milk, wool or meat.
- Breeding female sheep – ewes and ewe lambs put to the ram, regardless of dairy/meat aptitude.
- ewes that have lambed (been bred from)
- ewes put to the ram for the first time
- cull ewes (unproductive ewes to be sent for slaughter)
- Other sheep - all sheep other than breeding females.
- male lambs under 12 months
- female lambs (other than breeding females) under 12 months
- female sheep which have not been put to the ram