Market output consists of all products disposed of on the market or intended for disposal on the market, either through sale or barter.
Products that fall into this category include those that are:
- sold at economy-significant prices;
- used for payment in kind (including compensation of employees in kind and mixed income in kind);
- supplied by one production unit of a company to another, either for intermediate or final use;
- added to the inventories of finished goods and work-in-progress intended for any of the above uses - this includes the natural growth of animal and vegetable products and uncompleted structures.
- ESA 2010, paragraph 3.18, 3.19