Glossary:Holiday and other short-stay accommodation
NACE REV.2 classification: Section I, Division 55, Class 55.2 - Holiday and other short-stay accommodation.
This class includes the provision of accommodation, typically on a daily or weekly basis, principally for short stays by visitors,in self-contained space consisting of complete furnished rooms or areas for living/dining and sleeping, with cooking facilities or fully equipped kitchens. This may take the form of apartments or flats in small free-standing multi-storey buildings or clusters of buildings, or single storey bungalows, chalets, cottages and cabins. Very minimal complementary services, if any, are provided.
This class includes accommodation provided by:
- children and other holiday homes;
- visitor flats and bungalows;
- cottages and cabins without housekeeping services;
- youth hostels and mountain refuges.
This class excludes:
- provision of furnished short-stay accommodation with daily cleaning, bed-making, food and beverage services, see 55.10;
- provision of homes and furnished or unfurnished flats or apartments for more permanent use, typically on a monthly or annual basis, see division 68.
- Statistical classification of economic activities in the European Community (NACE)
- Methodology for tourism statistics and Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA)