Glossary:European statistics on tourism
Regulation (EU) 692/2011 of 6 July 2011 establishes a common framework for the systematic development, production and dissemination of European statistics on tourism. For this purpose, Member States transmit harmonised statistics on tourism supply and demand.
Tourism supply statistics (Accommodation statistics)
- Data on rented accommodation (capacity and occupancy of tourist accommodation establishments in the reporting country (resident and non-resident guests)).
Tourism demand statistics
- Data on participation in tourism of the residents of the reporting country.
- Data on the characteristics of tourism trips made by the residents of the reporting country.
- Data on the characteristics of same-day visits made by the residents of the reporting country (first reference year: 2014).
- Methodology for tourism statistics and Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA)
- Regulation 692/2011 of 6 July 2011 concerning European statistics on tourism.
- Regulation 1051/2011 of 20 October 2011 implementing Regulation 692/2011 as regards the structure of the quality reports and the transmission of the data.