COMEXT is the Eurostat reference database for international trade in goods. ‘Goods’ means all movable property including electricity. Comext provides access not only to both recent and historical data from the European Union (EU) Member States but also to statistics of a significant number of non-EU countries.
Data are available by:
- reporting country: country or geo-economic area (EU or euro area);
- partner country: EU Member State, non-EU country or geo-economic area.
- reference period: month or year;
- trade flows: import and export;
- product according to the relevant classification.
Note that European statistics on international trade in goods are compiled according to the EU concepts and definitions and may, therefore, differ from national data published by the EU Member States.