Glossary:Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM)
The Asia-Europe Meeting, abbreviated as ASEM, is an informal process of dialogue and co-operation which brings together countries from Europe, Asia and Oceania.
As of June 2016 the following are ASEM partners:
- the European Union (EU);
- the EU Member States;
- two EFTA members - Norway and Switzerland;
- ASEAN members - Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam;
- the ASEAN secretariat;
- NESA partners - Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Japan, Kazakhstan; the Republic of Korea, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan and the Russian Federation.
- ASEMINFOBOARD - The official information platform of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM)
- Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- European Union (EU)
- Northeast and South Asia (NESA)