TRAVEL AND UNSPECIFIED TIME USE
- This group includes two different types of codes, which are 1) codes for travel related to its main purpose, and 2) auxiliary codes for activities that can not be classified as belonging to any of the groups 0-8.
- Also included in this group is 995 Filling in the Time Use diary.
TRAVEL BY PURPOSE
- Movement between two localities, except when the activity is physical exercise like jogging, walking the dog or just walking. See also part 3.1.6 "Definition and coding of journeys" of the Guidelines on harmonised European time use surveys.
- When several activities are done at the same location the main purpose will define the trip. E.g. travel in connection with a visit is coded 951 Travel related to social life, in connection with help to another household is coded 942 Travel related to informal help, and in connection with eating is coded 901 Travel related to personal care.
- When the activity is mixed with the trip no subjective distinction between activity and travel should be made. The main rule is to code the whole episode by the activity. E.g. went shopping is coded 361 Shopping.