For technical reasons, access to the website may be temporarily disrupted on Monday 20 May between 20:00 - 21:00 CEST.
17/05/2019Annual inflation up to 1.7% in the euro area
The euro area annual inflation rate was 1.7% in April 2019, up from 1.4% in March 2019. A year earlier, the rate was 1.2%. European Union annual inflation was 1.9% in April 2019, up from 1.6% in March 2019. A year earlier, the rate was 1.5%. These figures are published by Eurostat, the... more
17/05/2019Production in construction down by 0.3% in euro area
In March 2019 compared with February 2019, seasonally adjusted production in the construction sector decreased by 0.3% in the euro area (EA19) and by 0.7% in the EU28, according to first estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In February 2019, production in... more
16/05/2019Euro area international trade in goods surplus €22.5 bn
The first estimate for euro area (EA19) exports of goods to the rest of the world in March 2019 was €205.6 billion, an increase of 3.1% compared with March 2018 (€199.5 bn). Imports from the rest of the world stood at €183.1 bn, a rise of 6.0% compared with March 2018 (€172.7 bn). more
15/05/2019GDP up by 0.4% and employment up by 0.3% in the euro area
Seasonally adjusted GDP rose by 0.4% in the euro area (EA19) and by 0.5% in the EU28 during the first quarter of 2019, compared with the previous quarter, according to a flash estimate published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In the fourth quarter of 2018, GDP had... more
- National accounts (including GDP)
- ESA Input-Output tables
- European sector accounts
- Pensions in National Accounts
- Government finance and EDP
- Exchange and interest rates
- Harmonised Indices of Consumer Prices (HICP)
- Housing price statistics
- Purchasing Power Parities (PPPs)
- Balance of payments
- Economic globalisation
- Population: demography, population projections, census, asylum & migration
- Education and training
- Labour market (including Labour Force Survey (LFS))
- Income, social inclusion and living conditions
- Social protection
- Household Budget Surveys
- Crime and criminal justice
- Quality of life indicators
- Equality (age, gender and disability)
- Skills related statistics
and digital society
- People at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Harmonised unemployment rate by sex
- Employment rate by sex, age group 20-64
- Electricity prices by type of user
- Minimum wages
- HICP - inflation rate
- General government gross debt - annual data
- Real GDP growth rate - volume
- GDP per capita in PPS
Your opinion matters!
We would be grateful if you could spare some minutes to respond to our questionnaire. Thank you!
The life of women and men in Europe
Explore our digital publication "The life of women and men in Europe – a statistical portrait" which compares women and men in their daily lives through short texts, interactive visualisation tools and infographics; it is available in most of official EU languages.
Key figures on Europe
Do you want to get a quick, interactive overview of a selection of key figures for your country and compare it to others? Take a look at our new digital publication ‘Key figures on Europe – Statistics visualised’.
SDGs and me
Get to know the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Explore the situation of your country and compare it to others using the interactive visualisation tools in this new innovative publication.