The main objectives of this project are to explore the possibilities of the use of admin data for business statistics, to make best practices in this area available to the NSIs, and to prepare recommendations on the efficient ways of producing business statistics by using data that are already available in the economy. Thus avoiding unnecessary reporting burden on businesses. The ESSnet should focus on common problems that many NSIs have in this area.
The project consists of 10 work packages covering different aspects of the use of administrative data for business statistics, first of all for Structural Business Statistics (SBS ) and Short-Term Statistics (STS ).
The ESSnet AdminData is one of the projects of the programme for Modernisation of European Enterprise and Trade Statistics (MEETS ).
Dissemination actions towards the ESS :
- ESSnet AdminData website
- ESSnet AdminData workshops
- Publication of the deliverables
Work Packages (WP ):
- WP0 - Management and Administration
- WP1- Uses of Administrative Data
- WP2a - Checklist for Administrative Data
- WP2b - Checklist for the Quality of Administrative Data
- WP3 - Methods of Estimation for Variables
- WP4 - Timeliness of Administrative Data
- WP5 - Integrating Data from Different Sources (cancelled!)
- WP6 - Development of Quality Indicators
- WP7 - Statistics and Accounting Standards
- WP8 - Creation of an Information Centre
- WP9 - Training and Exchange of Best Practice
Project data sheet
ESSnet AdminData deliverables of first SGA period 16 September 2009 to 31 March 2010:
ESSnet AdminData deliverables of second SGA period 28 April 2010 to 30 June 2011:
ESSnet AdminData deliverables of third SGA period 01 July 2011 to 31 December 2013 (ongoing):