Cologne is easily accessible from all over Europe:
There are 3 airports close to Cologne:
- Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) - also known as Konrad Adenauer Airport. The airport is about 17 km east of Cologne and has excellent connections to the city centre. There is the direct tram S13 (leaves every 20 minutes) going to Hansaring Station, which is close to the hotel. Please select ticket 1b (2,50€).
- Düsseldorf Airport (DUS). This airport is 55 km away from Cologne. There is a direct connection with the train Regional-Express RE1/RE5 from “Düsseldorf Flughafen” to “Köln Hauptbahnhof”; it takes around 40 minutes (ticket costs around 10€). At Köln Hauptbahnhof please take any tram going to Hansaring, which is only one station away (e.g. S13).
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) - also called Rhein-Main Airport. As the airport is located 182 km from the main train station in Cologne, we recommend taking the high speed train (ICE) at the airport. The direct connection takes 55 minutes.
Participants who arrive at the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) can take a taxi to the NH Mediapark Hotel (2 km) or take any subway train toward Hansaring Station, just one station away from the hotel. Turn right when deboarding at Hansaring, and after a few steps you will see the hotel.
Cologne is easily accesible via several major highways for those participants who wish to travel by car. The NH Mediapark Köln Hotel offers parking spots in the underground lot.
Reimbursement of travel expenses:
Please note that the travel expenses (excluding accommodation) will only be reimbursed for one delegate per country.
The travel expenses shall be reimbursed as follows:
- Travel by air: reimbursement up to the maximum cost of an economy class ticket at the time of reservation,
- Travel by boat or rail: reimbursement up to the maximum cost of a first class ticket,
- Travel by car: reimbursement at the rate of one first class rail ticket for the same journey and on the same day.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed on the morning of the first day of the workshop upon presentation of the original receipt from a travel agency and boarding pass copies / train ticket copies. Smaller sums may be reimbursed in cash upon request; larger sums will be transferred to indicated bank accounts (please provide us with the account details).
Further information on travel arrangements can be obtained by writing to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.