- A clear description of the technical work to be achieved in the project and practicable results
- Organisation of the actions to be carried out ideally in work packages with repartition of work between partners
- Detailed time table ideally a Gantt Chart
- The partnership and role of each participant
- A list of deliverables and milestones
- Work Packages (WP) list with specifically 2 work packages on
- Dissemination and exploitation action towards ESS members
Dissemination and exploitation action towards ESS members
The potential dissemination tasks within this work package could be: establishment of a Website for disseminating results, training sessions to non members, Workshops, Publications, Handbooks or manuals for implementation, Development and dissemination of tools, provision of tailored support for implementation, etc.
This WP could present some ideas to be put in place for further exploitation of the results by the ESSnet partnership like involving the ESS community for taking on board the proposed results or for sustaining the proposed actions once the EU financing is finished.
ESSnet projects are implemented either by Multi-Beneficiary Grant Agreements or by Multi-Beneficiary Partnership Agreement and Specific Grant Agreements.
In all cases, the partnership of an ESSnet project is composed of a co-ordinator and multiple partners having different responsibilities (see the draft contracts).
The management WP should cover the following issues :
- The organisational structure and decision-making mechanisms of the action.
- The organisation structure should reveal an adequate equal representation of the partners and demonstrate their role in the leadership of the action. The establishment of steering committees and advisory boards is worth considering, but should be appropriate and not render the project management overly complex.
- Demonstrate that the co-ordinator is experienced and qualified for a demanding and complex management task.
- Particular attention should be paid to conflict resolution mechanisms and contingency planning. The decision making approach has to ensure that no decision in the partnership will adversely effect the collective interest of the participants.
Potential Tasks to be carried out in this WP
- Task 1. Maintain continuous and timely flow of information and coordination between the various work packages
- Task 2. Organisation and coordination of contacts and contracts between partners
- Task 3. Identification of deficiencies and problems, as early as possible, and proposals to overcome them
- Task 4. Monitoring project components
- Task 5. Synthesise and interrelate project results
- Task 6. Produce the contractual project reports (quarterly, intermediate and final report)
- Task 7. Organise meetings: Kick-off meeting (month 1), Final project meeting (month X), Partnership meetings, Advisory
Board meetings and Steering Group meetings
- Task 8. Gather costs statements from partners and transmit them to Eurostat