Objectives: Develop a set of methods, tools and guidelines to create harmonised data sets, such as on handling confidentiality issues of population statistics and disaggregation processes.
- Understanding of user needs from both businesses and public sector.
- Improved population map applying the developed tools and methodologies.
- Vision for a spatial data infrastructure for Geostatistics
- Interim report after 12 months
- Final report after 24 months
Dissemination actions towards the ESS:
- Presentations of GEOSTAT ESSnet project and results
a. Year 1 (2010)
i. GISCO WP meeting: 2010 (March)
ii. INSPIRE Conference 2010 (June)
(The 4th INSPIRE conference 22 -25th of June 2010, Krakow)
iii. EFGS meeting 2010: 2010 (October).
iv. INSPIRE WG on Statistical units
v. INSPIRE WG on Population distribution
vi. Intermediate report : 2010 (December)
b. Year 2 (2011)
- Organising EFGS conference 2010.
Hosting conference and presentations by Co-partners and Subcontractor, October 2010, Estonia.
- Organising EFGS conference 2011.
Hosting conference and presentations by Co-partners and Subcontractor. October 2011, Portugal
Work Packages (WP)
- WP0 - Management
- WP1 - User needs
- WP2 – Geostatistics
- WP3 - Infrastructure
- WP4 - Distribution,
- WP5 - Dissemination and Exploitation