It implements governance structure to enable sharing of services (e.g. service certification procedures), to choose at ESS level on how to make a service available, contributes to standardising the description of business needs by implementing the CSPA standard from UNECE ModernStats initiaitive.
The project will provide guidelines for describing statistical services in the ESS Service Catalogue following the CSPA standard with an integrated governance system for the lifecycle of services from their inception, to their use in production to their discontinuation.
Also, a first set example services will have been developed, providing valuable lessons for the deployment phase where several services will be developed, covering the macro processes of GSBPM.
1. Easier access to information at ESS level about statistical services definition including the implementations realised (software components).
2. Facilitation of faster implementation of new production processes.
3. Cost reduction on development and maintenance of information systems.
4. Easier maintenance of information systems: sharing of services will reduce the variety of components to be maintained in a particular organisation.
The project has several communication channels. One channel is this website. Others are as follows:
- the Service Catalogue (URL to be made avaialble by end of 2017) will also be acentral point of information.