[no-lexicon]In the context of the MEETS programme (action 3.1) the Framework Partnership Agreement Nr 30121 2010 002-2010 205 has been signed to establish the"ESSnet on micro data linking and data warehousing in statistical production".[/no-lexicon]
The overall objective is to provide assistance in the development of more integrated databases and data production systems for business statistics in ESS Member States. The ESSnet has to work on issues that are common for the majority of the ESS NSIs when applying a data warehousing approach for statistics.
Its general objectives are:
- Review of current best practices in integrated business data systems
- Identification of problems and solutions in current practices and the opportunities
that a data warehouse might provide
- Examination of ways in which data can be combined to support new outputs
- Provision of recommendations on how the ESS can improve data warehousing
- Dissemination of the ESSnet results to all ESS countries.
On the bookpages of SGA1 and SGA 2 you will find a more comprehensive description of the scope and actions.