This WP will also occasionally provide input to actions/deliverables of WP 1 and WP 3.
The goal of the statistical data warehouse is to enable NSIs to produce flexible outputs with a maximum re-use of data that is already in the statistical system.
This work package covers all essential methodological elements for designing, building and implementing the statistical data warehouse.
- Build on the metadata framework (WP 1) and evaluate it from a methodological viewpoint.
- Study and recommendations on the position and role of the Business Register (BR) in the context of a statistical data warehouse
- Produce guidelines (including options) on how the BR interacts with the S-DWH.
- Examine selective editing options for the S-DWH and provide guidelines.
- Study and recommendations on the various ways of "linking data" :
- Consider the data linking aspects of combining data (from surveys and administrative sources etc.) with respect to the S-DWH.
- Produce guidelines for application within the S-DWH especially with respect to hierarchical data.
- Inventory of deliverables of other ESSnets regarding micro data linking and recommendations on how to use them in relation to the S-DWH.
- Study on the impact of data confidentiality in the area of micro data linking and data warehousing; consider the confidentiality aspects of combining data (from surveys and administrative sources etc.) with respect to the S-DWH:
- Liaise with the ESSnet on SDC;
- Produce guidelines for application within the S-DWH especially with respect to hierarchical data;
- The European dimension: study and guidelines on the concepts of "ownership" (ensuring data quality) and "common validation" in the context of delivering data to Eurostat, with respect to National legislation.
- Produce a methodological mapping of the "GSBPM" (extended to cover administrative data) using the Business Architecture from WP 3. This should include an outline of where methodological gaps still exist when considering implementation of the S-DWH.