The DIGICOM project
In a collaborative effort to modernise the production and communication of European statistics, Eurostat, together with its partners in the European Statistical System (ESS), launched the DIGICOM project in 2015. This successful project is now drawing to a close.
The various results DIGICOM has achieved through the excellent collaboration within the ESS include:
- A cross-European branding study on the perception and value of European official statistics,
- An ESS toolbox for more targeted and effective story-telling of official statistics,
- Outreach activities targeted at multipliers of official statistics, such as teachers, data journalists, researchers and NGOs,
- Tools and resources to help NSIs publish and engage with linked open statistical data, paving the way for semantic searches of official statistics,
- User research leading to ESS guidelines on social media, websites and user analytics,
- Brand new digital publications and an ESS hub for experimental statistics,
- An array of statistical literacy initiatives such as e-learning modules, instructional videos, games and competitions to bring official statistics to classrooms across Europe.
The objective of the DIGICOM final event is to share the many achievements of the DIGICOM project, jointly reflect on lessons learnt and get inspired by keynote speakers working in the area of dissemination and communication of official statistics.
Date and venue
The DIGICOM final event will take place 26 and 27 November 2019 in Brussels.
Starting at: 26 November at 13.30 (*)
(*) Upon arrival at the venue, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy a networking lunch (from 12:00 onwards) offered by Eurostat.
Rue de la Loi 175
The event programme is available online at:
The programme will be updated with additional details in due course.
Participation is free of charge, but subject to registration.
Access to the event venue will only be granted to registered participants.
As the venue capacity is limited, Eurostat reserves the right to prioritise among registration requests.