|Calendar (overview of work progress)
- Constitution of the working group for preparing and carrying out the project:
Starting time: March-2015.
Ending time: December-2017
This working group comprises all the units involved in the project: Responsible Department, Secretariat General, Sampling Unit, Data Collection Unit, Statistical Information Technology and Statistical Dissemination.
- Inclusion in the annual budgets for 2016 and subsequent years: March 2015
- Analysis of the requirements of the Regulation, in terms of: questions from the questionnaire, sampling errors, collection periods, variation in farm type to be researched: March 2015
- Initial proposal of the collection method. Decision with regard to the use of IRIA software (Integration of Information Collection and its Administration). Alternatives with regard to externalising or internalising some collection phases: March 2015.
- Calculation of an approximate sample size. Decision with regard to increasing the sample, based on the possible incidences, rather than processing via replacements: March 2015
- First budget: April 2015.
- Preparation of a detailed calendar of tasks: March 2015
- Presentation of the Grant application to Eurostat: 20 March 2015. (an amendment was presented on 10 August 2015)
- First draft of the questionnaire: June 2015
- Contacts with the Statistics Institutes of the Autonomous Communities: October 2015
- Writing of the partnership agreement with the Statistics Institute of País Vasco: March 2016 - 15 June 2016
- Preparation of the validation rules (edits) for the collection phase: November-December 2015.
- Sample selection: December 2015.
- Preparation of the methodological project: June-December 2015
- Questionnaire and Instruction sheet, print version: September-November 2015
- Specifications of the IRIA application for collection via each channel: CAWI, postal, CATI, CAPI: October 2015 to March 2016.
- Design of the results tables: October-December 2015
- Specifications for the application of the centralized filtering following the data collection: January-March 2016
- Preparation of the guidelines for the hiring of an external company for the data collection: August 2015-November 2015
- Writing of the letters for the initial contact with the respondents, and for claims: March 2016.
- Translations of the questionnaire, instruction sheet and letters into the co-official languages: March-April 2016
- Development and tests of the IRIA application: March-September 2016
- Preparation of the training manual for the survey content: April 2016
- Preparation of the training manual for IRIA: August-September 2016
- Uploading of the sample in IRIA for phase 1 of the collection (Postal, CAWI and CATI): September 2016
- Assessment and resolution of the award contract of the data collection:
Assessment: 5 May – 26 May 2016
Award: 9 August 2016
Formalization of the contract: 4 October 2016
- Personnel training of the awarded company: 25 and 27 October 2016
- Information collection in phase 1 (Postal, CAWI and CATI) and inspection of the collection and monitoring: 28 November 2016 - 1 March 2017
- Information collection by telephone interviews (CATI): January 2017 - 1 March 2017
- Information collection in phase 3 (CAPI) by the external company, and supervision and monitoring by Central Services: March – 20 May 2017
- Provisional calculation of the elevation factors: June 2017
- Analysis of non-response and identification of relevant units in the estimations for performing the additional attempts for the collection or confirmation of the information: January-June 2017
- Development and tests of the application for centralised filtering, subsequent to the data collection: March-September 2016
- Filtering of the collection by the Responsible Department: December 2016-December 2017
- Register design for the transfer of the information from the IRIA application, to the subsequent centralised processing: January-March 2016.
- Specifications of the rules for automatic imputation: January 2016-October 2017.
- Programming, tests and performance of the automatic imputation. April 2016- November 2017.
- Calculation of the final elevation factors: October- November 2017.
- Specifications for other subsequent processing and results tabulation rules: January 2016- November 2017.
- Programming, tests and execution of other subsequent processing and result tabulation rules: June 2016-November 2017.
- Specification of the norms for obtaining the EUROFARM file: October 2016-October 2017.
- Programming and execution of the norms for obtaining the EUROFARM file: November 2016- November 2017.
- Preparation of the methodological report of the Survey: September 2017-November 2017
- Mailing of microdata to Eurostat: December 2017
- Publishing of the results of the Survey: December 2017
Personnel that have worked on the project in the Units that have collaborated with the Survey
The annex "Involved personnel" shows the number of persons who worked in each of the Units in the statistical operation, broken down by different categories. The subdirectors of each Unit have not been included. This personnel has not necessarily worked full-time on the Survey.