The ESF+ finances the implementation of the principles from the European Pillar for Social Rights through actions in the areas of employment, education & skills and social inclusion.
The ESF+ will support EU policy implementation and national structural reforms in these fields, thus contributing to Member States’ efforts to reduce unemployment, advance quality and equal opportunities in education and training and improve social inclusion and integration.
In all its investments, the ESF+ will promote the horizontal principles of gender equality, respect for fundamental rights, equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
ESF+ funding will therefore be vital to ensure Europe’s fair and inclusive recovery, and will focus on the following objectives:
- Active inclusion
- Socio-economic integration of third-country nationals
- Socio-economic integration of marginalised communities, such as Roma people
- Equal access to quality services and modernising social protection systems
- Social integration of people at risk of poverty and social exclusion
- Addressing material deprivation
- Better education and training systems at all levels
- Equal access to quality education and training
- Upskilling, reskilling and lifelong learning for all
- Access to quality employment for all, including youth employment
- Modernising labour market institutions and services
- Gender-balanced labour market participation
- Adaptation of workers, enterprises and entrepreneurs to change