This survey follows on from previous ones on the topic, including those conducted annually since
2009. The objectives of the current survey are to:
- Review the attitudes of Europeans towards the importance of helping people in developing countries and tackling poverty in these areas, as well as the perceived challenges for the future of developing countries;
- Assess the personal commitment and involvement of Europeans in order to help developing countries;
- Investigate the way Europeans receive information about development cooperation;
- Assess views regarding the importance of gender equality in European development policy;
- Canvass opinion regarding the role of private companies in development.