The Multiannual Indicative Regional Programme (MIP) for Latin America 2014-2020 aims at reinforcing the capacity of states to effectively ensure security conditions conducive to inclusive development.
Within this framework the MIP's specific objective is to support the capacity of States and communities to:
- Deliver effective and accountable security and justice services to their citizens, strengthening the rule of law, including through support to reforms in the justice and security sector and to crime prevention policies.
- Develop integrated, balanced and human rights-based national drug policies covering both drug demand and supply reduction efforts – in line with the principle of co-responsibility.
- Promote sound migration management through facilitation of labour migration, strengthening migrants’ rights, control of irregular migration and promotion of the positive linkages between migration and development.
Lines of action:
- Support for regional reform efforts, mutual learning and regional benchmarking in the field of integrated and Justice and Security-Sector Reform (JSSR), respecting human rights principles.
- Support for regional reform efforts, mutual learning and regional benchmarking in the field of drugs policies, particularly with respect to their coherence, balance and impact, including statistical information on crime and criminal justice.
- Support for regional reform efforts, mutual learning and regional coordination and cooperation in the field of migration and border management.
Programmes under this theme: